The Digital Specialist (DS) is a member of our Public Affairs team and operates as a day-to-day point of contact for client projects and a technical expert on digital media. The DS is responsible for exceeding campaign goals and the success of their projects, delivering excellent quality, on-time and on-budget, to a highly satisfied client.
Who You Are: A collaborative communicator with the ability to promptly and clearly respond and follow-up with clients, anticipating their needs and making their lives easier. A clear thinker and good listener, who can briefly express campaign insights to clients and colleagues and turn meetings into action items with clear next steps.
This is a hybrid position. You will work from our downtown Sacramento office 3 days per week. Enjoy free coffee, seltzers, snacks, weekly team lunches, and collaboration with a team of savvy digital public affairs professionals.
Expectations & Core Activities
- Media Buying: strategic planning, heading execution, ad placement and reporting across a wide range of digital mediums.
- Project Management: error-free and on-time deliverables, effective communication, and understand the big picture of client and project goals
- Creative Production: produce creative concepts, draft copy, oversee production of ads, email campaigns and websites.
- Social Listening: Produce client-facing reports, recommend new strategies. Results-driven doer who knocks out their to-do list every day with impeccable attention to detail.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Digital ad buying hands-on experience.
- Understanding of programmatic media buying, analytics, tracking pixels, and tag managers.
- 3-5 years of experience in public affairs, advertising, public relations agency or political campaigns/advocacy efforts.
- Knowledge of public affairs and policy landscape, including legislative issues and processes at state and federal levels.
- Awareness of public affairs tools of the trade: voter file, legislative databases, advocacy and social media listening software.
- Demonstrated success leading creative and technical teams to develop excellent client deliverables.
- Record of on-time and on-budget success with digital campaigns using paid ads, organic campaigns, social media, websites, emails, mobile, self-serve digital ad platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Adwords, Bing).
- You think critically and analytically, communicate effectively, and work efficiently.
- Compensation: $55,000 – $89,000 year commensurate with experience
- Employer-sponsored premium healthcare, dental and vision plans for employee, spouse, and dependents with optional buy-ups
- 401k retirement plan with dollar-for-dollar employer matching up to 3% of base salary; and 50% employer match on deferrals between 3% and 5% of compensation
- Employer-paid group disability and life insurance
- Paid time off: Your birthday, 9 holidays, 10 vacation days and 10 sick days per year
- Cell phone reimbursement of $75 per month, paid quarterly
- $1,000 annual professional development budget for approved trainings, memberships, events, and resources
- Paid parental leave based on tenure, starting with 12 weeks unpaid available immediately and increasing incrementally to 12 weeks of 100% net income after 4 years
The Real Deal
We’re a small, rapidly growing shop. Startup culture – we move fast, we are versatile. It’s difficult work and it’s not for everyone. Every team member balances multiple projects; in return, we offer dramatic professional growth.
Submit your Application
"*" indicates required fields